Salmon Loaf 4
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 3 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cayenne pepper
- Liquid from salmon
- Pick over salmon carefully. Reserve liquid for sauce.
- Mix next 7 ingredients. Add salmon. Add salt and pepper. Pour into buttered
- Steam by setting in pan of boiling water and baking at 350 degrees F until
done, approximately 1 hour.
- Serve with sauce.
- Bring milk to boil. Mix eggs and cornstarch. Add to milk to thicken it.
Add butter and pinch of salt. Add dash of cayenne pepper and any liquid from
- To serve, slice and spoon sauce on each slice.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings