- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon, undrained
- 1/2 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Drain salmon, reserving liquid; set liquid aside. Remove skin and bones
from salmon, if desired; flake with a fork, and set aside.
- Combine cracker crumbs and reserved liquid; let stand for 5 minutes or until
liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in salmon, cornmeal and next 3 ingredients. Shape salmon mixture into
- Pour oil to depth of 1/4 inch into a large, heavy skillet.
- Fry patties in hot oil over medium heat until browned, turning once.
- Drain patties on paper towels.
Yield: 6 servings