Salmon and Quinoa Patties
Delicious. Simple. Healthy. Enjoy these patties accompanied with grilled vegetables,
on wholegrain rolls or made into 16 mini-patties for an easy appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided 30 mL
- 1 cup minced onion 250 mL
- 1/2 cup
finely chopped celery 125 mL
- 1 cup cooked quinoa 250 mL
- 2 cans, 6.5 ounces/184
g each, salmon, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons green relish 30 mL
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 mL
- In a large non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) canola oil over medium
heat. Add onion and celery and sauté for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine prepared quinoa with cooked onions and celery. Add
salmon, eggs, relish and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Shape mixture into 8 patties, about 1/3 cup (75 mL) mixture each.
- In a saucepan, heat remaining canola oil over medium heat.
- Cook patties for 3 to 4 minutes, undisturbed, or until golden brown. Flip
over and continue cooking for about 4 additional minutes.
Yield: 8 patties; serving size: 1 pattie
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving Calories 150 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat
1.5g Cholesterol 90mg Sodium 360mg Carbohydrates 7g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 10g
Source: Patricia Chuey, MSc., RD
Recipe and photo credit: CanolaInfo.org.