- 1 quart oysters in their liquor
- 2 cups coarsely crushed soda crackers
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup cream
- Nutmeg or mace
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and have ready 1 quart of oysters in their liquor.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and butter.
- Place a thin layer of the crumb mixture in the bottom of a buttered casserole.
- Cover with half the oysters.
- Mix together cream, nutmeg or mace and salt and pepper. Pour half the mixture
over the oysters.
- Follow with three-quarters of the remaining crumbs and the remaining oysters.
- Pour other half of seasoned cream over oysters.
- Cover with remaining bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.