Scallops Coquille St. Jacques
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon parsley , chopped
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Bread crumbs
- In a 3-quart casserole dish, combine wine, water, lemon juice, bay leaf and parsley. Cover and microwave 100% for 3 minutes.
- Add scallops and mushrooms, cover and cook for 6 minutes on medium-high heat; stir once. Remove bay leaf and drain, reserving 1 3/4 cups broth.
- In small bowl, melt 4 tablespoons butter, stir in flour and add reserved broth. Whisk thoroughly. Microwave 3 to 4 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Blend egg yolks and cream and add to sauce. Stir and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Don't overcook.
- Place scallops and mushrooms into a 7 x 12-inch dish. Spoon cream sauce over and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes in 400 degrees F oven. Garnish with parsley and paprika.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine 7/21/01 6:28:52 pm.