Scallops in Garlic Butter
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds scallops
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Rinse scallops and pat dry; then cut any large scallops in half. Set aside.
- Place a wok over medium heat; when wok is hot, add almonds and stir until
golden (about 2 minutes). Pour out of wok and set aside.
- Add butter. When butter is melted, add garlic, parsley and lemon peel and
stir for about 1 minute.
- Add scallops (a portion at a time, if necessary) and stir fry just until
opaque throughout; cut to test (3 to 4 minutes).
- Transfer scallop mixture to a platter. Top with almonds and serve immediately.