- 2 pounds shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- If shrimp are frozen, thaw in shell just to separate. Rinse in cold water
and place in boiling water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain shrimp and cool enough to handle.
- Remove shells and devein shrimp. If shrimp are already shelled, use only
1 pound and separate.
- Put minced garlic into melted butter in a medium-size skillet. Let stand
over heat for a few minutes to frizzle garlic.
- Add herbs, lemon juice, wine, salt and pepper.
- Arrange shrimp in skillet and heat until shrimp are cooked, approximately
8 to 10 minutes.
Yields 4 servings