Sea Scallops Roasted in Bacon
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 24 large sea scallops, rinsed, and muscle removed if necessary
- 8 slices bacon, each slice cut into thirds
- Marinade: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Add the scallops and stir
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Scallops: Drain the scallops, reserving the marinade, and wrap each one in a piece
of the bacon, securing it with a wooden pick.
- Arrange the scallops on a rack
in a shallow roasting pan and roast, turning frequently and basting with the
reserved marinade, for 15 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp and the scallops
are just cooked.
- Serve immediately.