- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Peel of 1 lime, grated
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly-grated ginger
- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops
- 8 skewers
- 2 to 3 green or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 32 small mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, lime peel, mint, parsley, garlic and ginger. Add the shrimp and scallops and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in hot water to cover for 30 minutes. Prepare a charcoal grill.
- Drain shrimp and scallops, reserving the marinade. Place the seafood on the skewers, alternating with the peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and onion pieces. Brush with the remaining 1/4 cup oil. Place on a hot grill and grill 3 to 5 minutes, until done, turning frequently and brushing with the reserved marinade.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.