Seafood Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 medium bell peppers
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/2 pound
small shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced (use cut off tops)
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 8-10 dashes Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tops off of bell peppers (set tops aside for later use), remove seeds
- In a large pot of water, boil bell peppers with a little salt for approximately
10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat combine shrimp, garlic, onion, bell pepper,
jalapeno, Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Seasoning and Slap Ya Mama Pepper
Sauce. Sauté for approximately 10 minutes or until shrimp are light pink in
- Add crabmeat and sauté for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sautéed mixture, 1 cup of shredded cheddar
cheese and breadcrumbs. Mix well until cheese is melted and all ingredients
- With a spoon, fill each bell pepper with mixture and top off with remaining
shredded cheddar cheese. Place bell peppers standing up in a shallow baking
dish, making sure that they don’t fall over. Add 1 cup of water to the bottom
of the baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Reprinted with permission from
Slap Ya Mama.