Shrimp Broiled with Rosemary
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-large shrimp (16-20 per pound) or 2 pounds medium shrimp (31-40)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat broiler.
- Devein shrimp without peeling by cutting the shell along the back with a
pair of scissors and making a shallow slit in the flesh with a paring knife.
- Place the shrimp in a shallow baking dish in which they will fit in a single
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and rosemary; season with salt and black
pepper. Toss shrimp well and spread them evenly in the dish.
- Broil for 5 minutes (4 for medium shrimp); turn and broil until they are
pink throughout, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Before serving, toss the shrimp in the juices that will have formed, adding
another light sprinkling of salt.
- The best way to eat them is to put the baking
dish in the middle of the table and have everybody take one shrimp at a time,
peel it and dip it into the juices in the pan.
Makes 4 generous servings.
Per serving: 247 calories (percent of calories from fat, 54), 26 grams protein,
1 gram carbohydrates, less than 1 gram fiber, 15 grams fat, 242 milligrams cholesterol,
279 milligrams sodium
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution - January 18, 2001