Serve with rice, chutney, fresh pineapple, chopped scallions, coconut and peanuts
as side dishes.
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups minced onions
- 3/4 cup minced green peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Put shrimp in bowl; add heavy cream, light cream and salt. Toss mixture
and chill, covered.
- In large saucepan sauté onion , green pepper and garlic until soft. Add
curry powder and flour. Cook until thick.
- Remove from heat and add chicken stock. Return to heat, stir until thick,
- Pour the shrimp and cream into colander, set over a bowl and let drain for
- Reserve shrimp, and add cream to saucepan, stirring until thick. Simmer
sauce for 30 minutes. Add shrimp last 5 minutes. Cook until shrimp are pink.