- 4 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 3 pounds medium-size shrimp, cooked, shelled and de-veined
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups skim or regular milk
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Thaw and drain spinach well. Spread spinach
in 13 x 9-inch ovenproof dish and top with shrimp.
- In saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour, gradually adding milk, wine
and scallions. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat, until sauce bubbles
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and enough paprika for rosy color.
- Pour sauce over shrimp, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve with steamed rice.