Shrimp and Grits with Smoked Ham
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Ham Slices, cut into small cubes
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups stone-ground grits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Shrimp: Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook until crisp,
about 8 minutes.
- Remove from pan and drain ham on paper towels. Toss shrimp with flour. Set
- Add olive oil and mushrooms to pan, cook for 4 minutes or until the mushrooms
begin to brown.
- Add shrimp and cook until just pink. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add
lemon juice, green onions, hot sauce, salt and reserved ham.
- Serve over cheese grits and garnish with additional green onions.
- Cheese Grits: Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk in grits and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until grits have thickened,
about 30 minutes.
- Add half and half and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and
add cheese. Stir until combined.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 52 min | Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Jones Dairy Farm
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Seafood Recipes