Shrimp Jambalaya Hash
- 1 cup red potato, peeled and diced 1/2 inch
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and diced 1/2 inch
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large shrimp, peeled, de-veined, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 ounces andouille sausage, chorizo or other fully cooked smoked spiced sausage, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced 1/2 inch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 scallions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse (kosher) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, place potatoes and enough cold water to cover by
1 inch; boil for 2 to 3 minutes, until partially cooked.
- Drain; transfer to paper towels and blot dry.
- In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add shrimp; sauté for 30 seconds,
just until they start to turn pink but are still raw in middle. Remove with
slotted spoon; transfer to small bowl.
- Add sausage and onion to skillet; sauté for 6 minutes, until sausage and
onion start to brown.
- Add potatoes, peppers and garlic; sauté for 6 minutes, until vegetables
begin to brown.
- Add shrimp and scallions; sauté for 1 minute, until shrimp are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 423 calories, 16 g protein, 31 g carbohydrate, 27 g fat, 4 g
fiber, 61 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium