- 1 pound shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons
- 3 1/2 cups canned tomatoes
- Fluffy rice
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Shell and clean shrimp. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add celery and cook until tender.
- Add next 8 ingredients. Cook over low heat until liquid is reduced and mixture
is slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Add uncooked shrimp to skillet. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, depending
on size of shrimp.
- Serve with fluffy hot rice.
Yield: 4 servings