Shrimp Newburg with Green Rice Ring
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of red pepper
- 5 tablespoons Madeira wine, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds peeled, cooked shrimp
Green Rice Ring
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, separated
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Shrimp Newburg: Melt butter in top of double boiler. Stir in flour and cook
several minutes. Gradually add milk and stir until smooth and thick.
- Add seasonings and 4 tablespoons of the wine.
- Beat together cream and egg yolks. Gradually add cream to wine sauce. Cook
over boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and remaining 1 tablespoon wine.
- Pour Shrimp Newburg into center and around green rice ring and garnish with
- Green Rice Ring: Combine rice, scallion, parsley, butter and slightly beaten
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour mixture into buttered 1 1/2-quart
ring mold and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Unmold onto a hot platter.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Seafood Recipes