- 3 cups water
- 1 pound unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Beau
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp
turn pink. Drain well; rinse with cold water. Peel and devein shrimp; chop and
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until
smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in scallions and next 7 ingredients.
- Combine shrimp, egg and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs; stir in sauce mixture. Shape
into 4 patties; dredge patties in remaining breadcrumbs. Pour oil to depth of
1/2 inch into a large, heavy skillet.
- Fry patties in hot oil over medium-high heat until golden brown, turning
- Drain on paper towels.