Shrimp and Peach Skewers
- 1 (28 ounce/796 mL) can sliced California cling peaches
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped
mint or basil leaves, about 1 bunch
- 2 small jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) fish sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- 30 extra
large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- Salt to taste
- Medium-size skewers
- Drain peaches in a sieve set over a bowl.
- Meanwhile, finely chop herbs.
- Slice jalapeno in half and remove seeds if you don’t like your food too
spicy. Finely mince jalapeno. Place in a medium bowl along with basil. Add lime
juice, fish sauce and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add well drained peaches and shrimp to herb mixture. Stir to coat. Let stand
for 30 minutes.
- Thread onto skewers. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Serve at room temperature with marinade spooned over top or warm over a
medium grill basting with marinade.
Reprinted with permission from the California Cling Peach Board.