Shrimp Scampi with Creamy Tomato-Wine Sauce
A creamy tomato-wine sauce gives this scampi just the pizazz that it needs.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Saute garlic in butter for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook over medium heat, stirring until shrimp are pink.
- Blend in 1 cup of the cream and the next four ingredients.
- Beat egg yolks with the remaining 1/4 cup cream and add to the sauce,
stirring until it thickens. Do not allow to boil.
- Serve over linguine or rice, sprinkled with parsley.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / crlocklear