Shrimp Scampi with Creamy Wine Sauce
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 pound raw shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Salt, to taste
- Cook pasta per package instructions.
- Melt butter in a skillet; add garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add shrimp, and cook until shrimp turn pink.
- Add lemon juice and wine. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir fettuccine into the the mix, add Parmesan and stir to combine it
all together. If you wish to have that creamy flavor.
- Add whipping cream and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt if needed. Serve right away.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / MSPhotographics