- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled, raw shrimp
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Cooked yellow rice
- Artichoke hearts, quartered
- In a large skillet sauté onion in 1/4 cup of the melted butter until softened.
Add shrimp and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until pink and just cooked. Transfer
mixture to a heated dish and keep warm.
- In the same skillet sauté mushrooms in remaining butter over moderately
high heat until browned.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour and cook mixture, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to moderately low and stir in the shrimp mixture, sour cream,
salt and pepper. Cook mixture, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp
are thoroughly heated. Do not let mixture boil.
- Serve immediately over saffron rice tossed with quartered artichoke hearts.