Shrimp-Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 large bell peppers
- 2 onions, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 pound shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 teaspoon minced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large pinch of thyme
- 8 to 10 slices toast
- 1 egg
- Split peppers; clean and trim. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove peppers from water and cool. Chop and set aside trimmings.
- Put onions and garlic in cooking oil and cook until brown.
- Add trimmings.
- Cut shrimp finely and add to onions and garlic. Add celery and seasonings.
Cook for 10 minutes.
- Moisten the toast. Mix in well with onion and shrimp mixture; stir in egg.
Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stuff pepper halves and lay flat on a pan; sprinkle with bread crumbs and
dot with melted butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.