- 6 medium eggplants
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 2 medium onions, medium dice
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bay leaves
- 2 pounds. shrimp (26/30 count), peeled, deveined and each shrimp cut into three pieces
- 2 pieces toast or toasted hamburger bun
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Peel eggplant and cut into large chunks. Boil in about 3 inches of water
in a large pot. Drain in a colander.
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine and add onion. Sauté onion until almost
- Add chicken granules, red pepper, garlic powder, sugar, salt, bay leaves
and cut shrimp. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cooked eggplant to the onion mixture. Add bread and mix lightly.
- Place in a large casserole dish and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until top is browned very
Source: The Advocate - Baton Rouge, Louisiana