Slow Roasted Salmon
- 3 tablespoons fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 (1/2 inch thick) fillets of salmon, skin on
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs of your choice, such as tarragon, parsley or chives
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon peel (yellow part only)
- Gently rub olive oil into flesh side of salmon and season lightly with salt
- Combine herbs and peel and sprinkle over the top, gently pressing into flesh.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast at 250 degrees F for 16 to 18 minutes or until just cooked through but
still slightly opaque in the center (check with tip of knife).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings