Smoked Salmon Mousse
- 1 tablespoon green onion or shallots, fine chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4
cup unsalted butter, soft (divided)
- 2 to 5 ounces smoked salmon, boned and flaked
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup
whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons butter in a small skillet until golden. Add
salmon, stir and remove from heat.
- Place salmon mixture in a blender or food processor. Add sour cream, cream
cheese and 1/4 cup softened butter. Blend well.
- Add lemon juice and vodka. Blend until smooth and remove to a bowl.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into a mold or a small plastic container and refrigerate for up to
- Serve chilled, but not cold. (You can dip bottom and sides in warm water
to loosen and unmold, inverting onto a serving plate, if you wish.)
Posted by artsycook at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/01 3:53:19 pm.