Southern Fried Mahi-Mahi Sandwiches
Mahi-mahi fillets are coated in seasoned flour, then dipped in egg wash and cornmeal
and fried to perfection.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 (5-ounce) mahi-mahi fillets
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 8 soft sandwich rolls, split
- Leaf lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- Beat together eggs, salt and cayenne in a shallow dish.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish; place cornmeal in separate
- Coat fillets in seasoned flour; dip in egg wash and then into cornmeal to
- In a deep fry pan, cook the fillets in oil at 375 degrees F. for 2 to 4
minutes, browning on each side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve on sandwich rolls with lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Florida Department of Agriculture.