Southern Fried Shrimp
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 to 3 pounds shrimp
- Oil (for frying)
- Shell and de-vein shrimp.
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp. Mix well. This makes a thick batter.
- Add 3 or 4 shrimp at a time, making sure each shrimp is coated well.
- Drop shrimp into hot cooking oil and cook until golden brown on both sides.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Seafood Recipes