Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Lo Mein
Load up on veggies and flavor with a weeknight-friendly Spaghetti Squash Lo Mein. It’s got everything you love about the Asian take-out favorite – carrots, bell pepper and shrimp, all flavored with a savory mixture of soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Using our microwave directions for cooking the squash means you’ll have it on the table for your family in no time.
- 1 (about 2 1/2 pounds) spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground, divided
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Cut spaghetti squash crosswise into 1-inch thick rings. Remove seeds. Place
rings on microwavable plate. Pour 1/4 cup water in the plate. Cover with plastic
wrap. Microwave on HIGH 7 minutes or until tender. Let stand in microwave 10
- Carefully remove from microwave. Peel the skin off the squash, then shred
the flesh, using fingers or a fork, into long thin strands.
- Place squash noodles in large bowl. Discard the skin. (Should yield about
5 cups of squash noodles.)
- Meanwhile, mix soy sauce, honey, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the garlic powder and
1 teaspoon of the ginger in small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add carrots
and pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauce mixture; stir-fry 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn
- Remove shrimp mixture from skillet.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add squash noodles, remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon
ginger; cook and stir gently 1 minute to heat through.
- Return shrimp mixture to skillet; toss gently with squash noodles.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
Serves: 7 | Serving Size: 1 cup
15 min Prep time | 20 min Cook time
Substitution: Prepare recipe as directed, substituting 5 cups spiralized zucchini
or yellow squash for the spaghetti squash noodles.
Test Kitchen Tip: Spaghetti squash has a hard skin and is very firm when raw.
Carefully cut with a large sharp knife, or cut prep time by microwaving your spaghetti
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 165 Cholesterol: 96mg
Sodium: 479mg Protein: 12g Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Fiber: 3g Carbohydrate:
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): McCormick
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Seafood Recipes