Spicy Orange Shrimp
- 4 large oranges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon
cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water
- Cut the oranges in half and squeeze the juice into a bowl. (For a special
touch, you may want to clean out the orange halves and use them to serve your
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir the garlic around
in the oil for about a minute, not letting it brown. Turn the heat up a bit
and add the shrimp. Stir them as they cook until they are opaque and pink. It
shouldn't take much more than a minute. Add the hot sauce, brown sugar and
Worcestershire ... then the orange juice. Bring to a boil and cook for two minutes.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice or couscous.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine on 7/30/2001 11:55am.