Spicy Shrimp Bake
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce)
can Ro*Tel tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 chopped green bell pepper (optional)
can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 pound cooked shrimp (deveined)
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- Gouda cheese
- Large pastry shells
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and slowly add flour, stirring
until well blended. Remove from fire before it turns brown.
- Drain tomatoes and save the liquid. Place tomatoes in blender and slowly
add the flour mixture. Cook this mixture over very low heat for about 8 minutes
- Stir in the onions, olives and mushrooms. Cook slowly until the mushrooms
are tender ( I often use canned mushrooms).
- Add a little of the reserved tomato juice until the mixture bubbles slightly.
- Add shrimp and sherry. Simmer over very low heat for about 50 minutes, stirring
frequently to keep from sticking.
- Pour into a shallow casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick
- Shred Gouda cheese and spread over the shrimp mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes until cheese has melted and the shrimp
mixture is quite hot.
- Serve over large pastry shells, bow tie pasta, spaghetti or hot steamed
Serves 4 as a main dish.