- 6 (1/2 pound) flounder
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) can shrimp
- Butter (to baste)
- Cut flounder down the middle. Take knife and cut around inside under skin
to make a pocket on each side of the slit.
- Sauté onions, celery and bell pepper until tender.
- Mix eggs, lemon juice and bread crumbs. Add salt, pepper, Tabasco and cayenne.
- Check crabmeat for shells and add.
- Drain shrimp and add.
- Stuff flounder with crab and shrimp mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F, basting with butter. Watch carefully.
Do not overcook.
Yields 6 servings.