Stuffed Lobster Thermidor
- 6 (1 pound) frozen lobster tails
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 dashes ground nutmeg
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place lobster tails in large pot of boiling water and cover. Cook until
tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Cut each tail in half lengthwise and dice lobster meat. Set aside empty
- Pour 1/4 cup butter in saucepan; add mushrooms and sauté until slightly
browned. Blend in flour and mix in seasonings. Add milk and half-and-half gradually
to mixture, stirring constantly until thick.
- Add small amount of hot mixture to egg yolks, stirring constantly; then
return egg yolk mixture to cream sauce, again stirring constantly and cooking
- Stir in lemon juice, sherry and lobster meat; spoon into lobster shells.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining butter; sprinkle over
stuffed lobster tails.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Seafood Recipes