Sugar and Spice Baked Shrimp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Hennessy Cognac
- 3 teaspoons salt
cup Grand Marnier
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large clove garlic,
peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large spoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder from cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- A touch of vegetable oil
- 4 large
shrimp, peeled, with tail
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, cayenne,
Hennessy, thyme, turmeric and flour.
- Grease large baking sheet with vegetable oil. Pour the shrimp in the sugar
mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the sugar
- Remove the shrimp from the oven, turn over with a spatula and squeeze the
lime juice and Grand Marnier over them.
- Place on a platter and serve.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.