- 1 (2 1/2 pound) pink salmon fillet
- 3 oranges, cut in half
- 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Squeeze the juice of two oranges evenly onto salmon with the skin side down,
save oranges. Sprinkle lemon pepper lightly over fish.
- Cover oven pan with foil, coat with olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
Place salmon on oven pan, skin side down, and cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 to 20 minutes depending upon thickness
and size of fish. To test for doneness, cut the salmon. Meat should flake off
- Once salmon is done, remove from oven and let it rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut and plate. Place a 6-ounce portion of salmon in the middle of plate
and top with orange glaze, garnishing with a touch of fresh parsley.
- Orange Glaze: Place any residual oranges and squeeze juice from remaining
orange into a sauce pan with 1 cup of water and let boil for 10 minutes to extract
- Strain oranges from sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons of sugar to liquid and
bring to a boil.
- As sauce heats, thoroughly mix 4 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/2 cup water,
set aside. Once sauce has boiled, remove from heat.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into sauce, stir to get a nice orange glaze. Use
glaze to top and dress salmon.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.