Sweet Salmon with Ginger and Scallions
- 2 (1-inch thick) salmon filets
- 2 scallions, cut into 2-inch long strips
- 1/4 cup ginger, cut into 1/4-inch thick chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine, rice wine or sweet sake
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame oil (optional)
- Heat oil in pan on high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the salmon filets.
- Place filets in pan skin-side down and do not disturb. Cook on HIGH for
- Turn heat down to medium-high and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn filets over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove filets from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Turn heat back up to high and add ginger and scallions. Cook until slightly
tender (about 1 minute).
- Add wine and deglaze pan.
- Add soy sauce, water, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Place salmon filets carefully back into pan and simmer until salmon is cooked
through (about 2 minutes).
- Drizzle with a few drops of sesame oil if desired.
Serves 2 to 3.