Sweet 'n Smoky Salmon with Orange Salsa
Cool and fruity Orange Salsa complements the sweet 'n smoky seasoned salmon fillets.
Sweet 'n Smoky Salmon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Salt Free Southwest Sweet 'n Smoky Seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Salt Free Southwest Sweet 'n Smoky Seasoning
- Sweet 'n Smoky Salmon: Mix juice, oil and 1 tablespoon each Seasoning and sugar
in small bowl. Place salmon in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add
marinade; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Orange Salsa.
- Orange Salsa: Mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix remaining 1 tablespoon each Seasoning and sugar in small bowl.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Rub salmon evenly with seasoning mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with Orange Salsa.
Cook time 10 min | Prep time 15 min | Serves: 4
Try also with McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Salt Free Fiesta Citrus Seasoning.
To Grill Salmon: Marinate and season salmon as directed. Grill over medium-high
heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition information (Amount per serving): Calories: 316 Cholesterol: 71mg
Sodium: 69mg Protein: 23g Total Fat: 16g Fiber: 1g Carbohydrate: 20g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):