Sweet and Sour Shrimp
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, cleaned
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (#2) can pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh ginger
- Salt, to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cornstarch, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch in a little liquid to make a paste; pour into shrimp and
cook slowly until thick.
- Serve over rice.