Swordfish with Lemon Caper Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon capers, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat broiler.
- Oil the rack of a broiler pan and place in the oven.
- In a small skillet over low heat, melt butter; add garlic, lemon juice,
zest, and capers.
- Simmer for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly whisk in heavy cream and set aside.
- Brush steaks with olive oil; sprinkle with seafood seasoning, parsley, salt
- Arrange swordfish on the hot broiler pan.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat for 6 to 8 minutes until opaque in center,
turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve with warmed lemon caper sauce.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.