Yellow Rice Crab Cakes
The East Coast meets the Gulf Coast with this Louisiana take on crab cakes, made
with Zatarain’s Yellow Rice and lump crabmeat. To save time, prepare the patties
early and keep refrigerated until you’re ready to cook so they come out crispy and
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Yellow Rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Prepare rice as directed on package, adding bell pepper and onion with the
rice. Cool slightly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add rice mixture and flour; mix well.
- Add crabmeat and parsley; gently mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Shape into 18 crab cakes, about 1/3 cup each.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in large nonstick skillet on medium heat.
Cook crab cakes, several at a time, for about 6 minutes or until golden brown,
turning once. Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter as needed.
Serves: 9 | Serving Size: 2 crab cakes
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45
Test Kitchen Tip: Serve crab cakes with Creole Mustard Sauce, if desired.
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 242 Sodium:
639mg Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 23g Cholesterol: 141mg Protein: 15g Fiber: 1g
Reprinted with permission from Zatarain's.