- 5 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 pounds sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Fry bacon until crisp and brown in 3-quart heavy saucepan. Drain and crumble;
- Add onion and garlic to 1/4 cup drippings; sauté until tender. Do not brown.
- Add soup; slowly stir in milk, over medium heat; blend until smooth.
- Add cheese, a little at a time, stirring until melted.
- Add bacon, reserving some for garnish.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard and Tabasco sauce.
- Pour into fondue pot and keep warm. Garnish with bacon and parsley.
- If mixture becomes too thick, stir in a little hot milk.
Yield: 5 cups
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.