Cheddar Cheese and Calvados Fondue
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Calvados or other apple brandy
- 2 pounds Vermont Cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground flour (if necessary)
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Crusty Italian Bread
- Broccoli, mushrooms, other vegetables of your choice
- Set the fondue pot over heat source.
- Split the garlic and rub the pot with it. Pour in the wine and Calvados
and heat until the liquid starts to bubble.
- Add the cheese; stir until melted and smooth. Add flour for thickening if
- Add the pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve with cut-up bread pieces and vegetables.
Source: In a Vermont Kitchen by Amy Lyon & Lynne Andreen