Cheese Fondue (Fondue Neufch Teloise)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded natural (not process) Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic, cut into halves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons kirsch or dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Toss cheeses with cornstarch until coated.
- Rub garlic on bottom and side of heavy saucepan or skillet; add wine. Heat
over low heat just until bubbles rise to surface (wine should not boil).
- Stir in lemon juice. Gradually add cheeses, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring
constantly with wooden spoon over low heat until cheeses are melted.
- Stir in kirsch, salt and white pepper.
- Remove to earthenware fondue dish; keep warm over low heat.
- Spear bread cubes with fondue forks; dip and swirl in fondue with stirring
motion. If fondue becomes too thick, stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup heated wine.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Fondue Recipes