Easy Camembert Fondue
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 whole Camembert (in the wooden box)
- 1 large garlic clove
- A few drops of white wine
- Chunks of crusty bread or pita
- Open the wooden box of Camembert and remove any paper or plastic that the
manufacturers may have put around the cheese. Remove, as much as possible, any
paper or labels that may still remain on the outside of the box. Replace the
Camembert in the box. Crush a garlic clove as finely as possible and smear the
bits over the top of the Camembert. With a fork, make a dozen or so tiny pricks
in the top of the cheese, and into these holes you need to put a drop or two
of white wine. Replace the wooden lid. Place the whole box on the middle shelf
of a preheated oven (375 degrees F) and leave for 20 minutes. Don't worry,
the box won't burn as long as it's made of wood!
- When you take it out of the oven, remove the lid but keep the cheese in
there. Put the box in the middle of the table for dipping. Warning! As soon
as you dip your first crust of bread in, you realize how hot and bubbly it really
is inside. But it does need to be eaten hot.
- Use hot toasted pita bread, celery, crusty bread, or boiled new potato halves
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Fondue Recipes