As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups grated Scottish or Cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 4 tablespoons whiskey
- Cubes of rye and onion bread
- Put onion and butter into a saucepan and cook over a gentle heat until soft.
- Add milk and heat until bubbling.
- Gradually stir in cheese and continue to cook until melted, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, blend flour smoothly with whiskey, then stir into cheese
mixture and cook 2 to 3 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Pour into the fondue pot and serve with cubes of rye and onion bread.
Serves 4 to 6.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Fondue Recipes