Honey-Blue Cheese Fondue
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) blue or domestic Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Fresh figs, dates, apricots and apples (or other fresh/dried fruits)
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and cornstarch over medium heat; add lemon
juice. Cook and stir until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese, one spoonful at a time, stirring until cheese is melted before
- When all the cheese has been added, stir in honey.
- Transfer fondue to a ceramic or enamel fondue pot, sprinkle with toasted
walnuts and keep warm over a fondue burner.
- Serve immediately.
Servings: 10 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins
Recommended wine pairings by John Ash, Culinary Director of Fetzer Vineyards:
Gewürtztraminer, Riesling, Chenin Blanc, White Zinfandel
Recipe and photo credit: the American Dairy Association.