- 2 avocados, halved and stoned
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups grated Edam cheese
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 5 tablespoons
thick sour cream
- Cubes of sesame-coated French bread
- Cubes of red and green
- Scoop out flesh from avocados into a bowl and mash until smooth with lemon
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with cut clove of garlic, then pour in
wine and heat until bubbling. Over gentle heat, stir in cheese and cook until
melted, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, blend flour smoothly with or sour cream, then add to cheese
mixture with mashed avocados. Continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes until thick
and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Serve with cubes of bread and red and green pepper.
Serves 4 to 6.