As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (2 pound) lean rump steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 Spanish onion,
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 fresh green chile,
seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cut meat into 1-inch cubes and put onto a serving plate.
- To make the Mexican sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan; add onion and garlic
and cook gently until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes and their juice, tomato paste and chili powder. Simmer
uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and puree in a blender or food processor
until smooth or press through a sieve to give a smooth sauce. Return to the
heat. Add the chopped chile and simmer for 15 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the meat cooked in the hot oil.
Serves 4 to 6.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Fondue Recipes