- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cubes of cheese and garlic sausage
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook gently for
10 minutes. Add stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and puree in a blender or food processor.
- Put a little cream into the fondue pot, blend in flour smoothly, then add
remaining cream and mushroom puree. Heat to simmer and cook over a gentle heat
until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Serve with cubes of cheese and garlic sausage.
Serves 4 to 6.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.