- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Italian, French bread, or English muffins
- Heat butter in a 2-quart fondue pot or heavy saucepan over high heat. Brown
onion and ground beef.
- Add pizza sauce and spices to fondue pot; stir well until the mixture bubbles.
Add cheeses by handsful, stirring well after each addition until smooth.
- Serve with Italian or French bread cut into pieces.
Servings: 6 to 8
Recipe and photo credit:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.