- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 (10
1/2-ounce) cans pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) Wisconsin Cheddar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
French bread, or English muffins
- Heat butter in a 2-quart fondue pot or heavy saucepan over high heat. Brown
onion and ground beef.
- Add pizza sauce and spices to fondue pot; stir well until the mixture bubbles.
Add cheeses by handsful, stirring well after each addition until smooth.
- Serve with Italian or French bread cut into pieces.
Servings: 6 to 8
Reprinted with permission from
the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.